Getting started is the hardest part.
You feel lost, you’re not sure if you’re doing the right things, you’re not sure if it will work.
You don’t trust the process, you don’t trust yourself and your sub-sub-conscious is screaming at you to stop and go back to your old ways (or to not even start!).
I get it. I’ve been there. It’s scary, it’s depressing, it’s daunting.Often making the decision to launch is the hardest part.
Once you’re going, it gets easier.
Momentum breeds momentum, and one good habit cascades into another.
It starts to feel easier, then it starts to feel second nature, your sub-conscious relaxes and comes on side to embrace the new you…But how to take that first step?
- First trust yourself. Trust yourself that you can do it, if that’s too much, that you can at least try.
- Find a proven method or system you know has worked, so you can trust that.
- Break your big goal into small steps and celebrate the small wins.
- Make sure you have accountability along the way, with a buddy, coach or mentor.
- Finally, find your emotional connection as to why you want this change for yourself. And it has to be why you want it for yourself, not for anyone else, or society….
- Peel back the layers on your “why” until you have the strong emotional connection to your goal that will get you started and keep you going when it gets tough (because it will, but you’ve got this).
If you want some guidance then check out our last podcast episode on motivation.
If you’d like some help getting started (and seeing it through) then reach out, I’d love to hear from you.